Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 30 - I'm a dumbass

So you know how when you're injured, doctors remind you of the R-I-C-E principle (rest, ice, compression, elevation)?  Well, after I took the tape off a few weeks back, I managed to forgot to put the compression bandage back on.  So all this time I wondered why my foot was so swollen when in reality I was not following orders.

A few days ago, I decided to wrap my foot up nice and snug and keep it elevated during the day.  What a world of difference that made.  My foot almost looks normal again, and I gained some range of motion.

I'm also doing good with the calf machine.  I can press up to 30 lbs now on the bad leg, compared to 80 lbs on the good leg.  When I try to stand on my toes, I can almost feel some movement down there, which didn't happen a while ago.  So things are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment