Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 19 - The snowstorm

Winter finally arrived in New England.  A blizzard started late yesterday and raged all night long.  Cars outside are buried.  And I'm wondering if I should wrap the Aircast in a trash bag to keep the snow out.

The foot is feeling good, and I'm feeling more confident by the day.  Basically I listen to my body and react accordingly.  I know that this is not a "no pain no gain" situation, so overdoing it can make matters worse.  But I feel ok about walking around on my own two feet.  I'm not brave enough to try the stairs yet.  Nor will I put on a regular shoe as I don't want it coming in contact with the scar yet.

If I can get the car dug out, I'll head to the gym for the first time in almost 3 weeks.  I want to work on the stationary bike, as well as start back doing upper body work.  Well, maybe not triceps... I've worked them enough over the last two weeks.  It sure would be nice to go snowboarding tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment