Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 4 - I'm getting hungry

At this point I'm starting to get the hang of using the crutches.  I could get up and down the stairs ok, but I didn't want to leave the house just yet.  This presents a problem when you run out of food.  I couldn't order pizza every night, so I needed a solution fast.

I didn't want to go to the grocery store, and I didn't want to ask someone else to do my shopping, so I had a problem.  Introduce Peapod.  I remembed Peapod back when I lived in Chicago.  For those that don't know, Peapod is a grocery delivery service.  You fill up your virtual shopping basket, pick a delivery time, and a driver brings your groceries.  Only problem for me is that I lived just outside the delivery area. 

But I did have friends who did live in the zone.  So, I had groceries delivered to them, and they brought them over to me.  Pretty cool, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment