Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 18 - He walks!

Now that I've been showering normally, I've been testing the limits to see how far I'm progressing.  After I got the cast taken off, I've been hopping around in the shower and not putting any weight on the injured leg.  Slowly after few days, I've been able to stand on it if I had my foot slightly in front of me so that the foot is plantarflexed.  Today, after getting out of the shower, instead of hopping back to the bed to put the Aircast on, I decided to try to walk.  I definitely had a noticeable limp, and I was careful not to dorsiflex my foot but I made it.  When it came close to flexing acutely, the tendon and calf muscles felt tight.

I'm also sleeping without the Aircast on, and I'm at the point now where I don't feel any pain at all.  I think I'll slowly start walking around the house without the cast, and only use it when I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment